Latest Articles List
Written by Sarah Bacher
With Labor Day upon us, many people consider this the last weekend of the summer. Millions of people will scurry out of town to enjoy the outdoors before the cold weather sets in confining them to the indoors. If you are amongst those people and you are planning to take your dog, it is important to remember a few things to ensure that your trip with your pet-pal is safe and enjoyable.
Write of list of items you will need to keep your dog healthy and safe. Some key things to remember before you leave home include:
- Bring enough water, food and a dish for your dog to drink or eat in. You might want to also consider getting a travel water dish.
- If you have a larger dog that is big enough to carry items, consider bringing along a travel harness with pockets for your pet to wear.
- For longer hikes that may wear a little dog out, a dog backpack that you carry may still provide your loyal friend some rest while you continue to enjoy the beautiful scenery around you.
- Waste bags-Remember picking up your pet's waste and throwing it in a proper trash can is not only good for the environment but also good pet etiquette.
- Don't forget to bring a leash. Even if your dog is well behaved and sticks by your side, you must remember there are other animals in the great outdoors that may scare him or her and possibly separate you from each other.
- Though being outside has its beauties, it also has its smells. If you are not on a day trip where you can get back to your home or groomer right away, consider bringing some dog shampoo with you so you can snuggle with your pet friend when the weather cools down.
- If the weather does dip down to chilly temps, a dog jacket is a good option to keep your pet friend warm.